mta capital construction
East Side Access
EPM who has been working at the East Side Access projects since 2007, is providing Environmental Inspection and Compliance Services. Tasks completed to date include:
- Asbestos survey of two Sarah Rose properties to be demolished in Long Island City, Queens.
- Limited visual inspection of numerous manholes to be demolished and Amtrak/LIRR duct banks in Long Island City.
- Asbestos surveys at 4 Amtrak Buildings in New York City to be demolished.
- Amtrak Sunnyside Yard soil and foundation excavations oversight—classified as a New York State Class II inactive hazardous waste site.
- Air monitoring of lead disturbance and asbestos abatement during cutting of 34 columns at LIRR Sunnyside Yard.
- Project monitoring and air sampling for asbestos abatement and lead disturbance, during demolition of four Amtrak Buildings in Long Island City.
- Asbestos abatement air sampling and project monitoring during building demolitions at 44th St and 50 St in Manhattan.