hazardous site remediation town of bedford
Environmental Planning & Management, Inc., as consultant to The Town of Bedford, NY, performed an Environmental Site Investigation, Remediation Design, and Remediation Oversight of a property once used by the Bedford Police Department as an outdoor practice shooting range. The investigation, design, and remediation was conducted pursuant to the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) Voluntary Cleanup Agreement (VCA), Site # V-00670-3, executed between the Town of Bedford and the NYSDEC in March 2004 (subsequently rolled into the NY State Brownfield Program). Site soils were found to be contaminated with lead at hazardous and non-hazardous levels.
EPM conducted a site investigation to delineate the horizontal and vertical extent of lead-impacted soils, prepared a Remedial Action Plan (RAP) for approval by NYSDEC, and prepared a Final Engineering Report (Remediation Closure Report) for NYSDEC acceptance. EPM negotiated with NYSDEC to establish site specific lead-in-soil cleanup levels which were established in the RAP.
NYSDEC subsequently issued a No Further Action Letter for the site upon review of EPM’s Final Engineering Report.
EPM’s scope of work on this project included:
- Preparation of a Site Investigation Workplan for NYSDEC and NYSDOH approval;
- Participation in Community Outreach and Right-To-Know Programs;
- Execution of field work, to include the collection of over 100 soil samples for laboratory analysis;
- Preparation of a Site Investigation Findings Report;
- Preparation of a Remedial Action Plan;
- Oversight of Remediation Contractor; and.
- Preparation of a Final Engineering Report (Site Close-out Report).