MTA New York City Transit
mta new york city transit
New York City Transit Authority is one of EPM’s largest clients. EPM was one of three consultant firms selected to manage projects of varying scope and duration assigned on a work order basis, as part of NYC Transit’s ongoing campaign to minimize and eliminate hazardous material impacts from stations, tunnels, rail yards, service buildings, and other facilities in the system throughout the 5 Boroughs.
Since 1998, EPM has been provided environmental services all along the Astoria line under various contracts and work orders.
- CM-1185–provided abrasive blasting and lead abatement oversight, high volume air sampling for TSP Lead Management of hazardous waste, daily calculations and reporting of data, and compiling Monthly Environmental Compliance reports.
- CM-1377—provided asbestos abatement survey and design for the rehabilitation at Hoyt Avenue Station.
- CM1516—provided asbestos survey, design and abatement monitoring for the rehabilitation of 5 stations—Ditmars Boulevard, 3rd Avenue, Broadway, 30th Avenue, 36th Avenue and 39th Avenue.
Hurricane Sandy Restoration
Provided hazardous material survey, asbestos abatement design services and asbestos abatement project monitoring services for Hurricane Sandy Restoration projects under multiple work orders.
- Coney Island Yard Flood Mitigation
- 207th Street Yard Flood Mitigation
- South Ferry Station Complex and Tunnel
- “G line” Greenpoint Tube,
- “R Line” Montague Tube
- over 300 manholes along the Canarsie, Clark Street, 53rd Street, Joralemon and Rutgers Tubes
- various pump rooms and fan plants at Canarsie, Battery Place, Furman Street, Old Slip, 207th Yard, Steinway Tube, Rutgers Tube, and Cranberry Tube.
Second Avenue Subway
Provided asbestos and lead abatement oversight at facilities to be taken over by NYCT for construction of new transit stations along Second Avenue Line over various work orders. Areas have included:
- 233-235 East 69th Street and 1315 2nd Avenue
- 2nd Avenue Subway tunnel between 99th and 105th streets
- 300 East 72nd Street
- 247 East 83rd Street