NYSDOT Term Contract
NYSDOT - asbestos assessment and remediation term contract
Environmental Planning & Management, Inc. (EPM), has provided asbestos assessment, remediation design, and abatement oversight services on nine consecutive 3-year term contracts throughout NYC, Long Island, Westchester, Rockland, Orange and Putnam Counties. Assignments have included roadways (project corridors), bridges and buildings. As part of the assessment phase, EPM is responsible for bulk sample collection and preparation of assessment reports. As part of the design phase, EPM is responsible for identifying and specifying abatement procedures, which include preparation of special notes to be added to Contract Plans, identification of NYSDOT blanket variances, and identification of NYSDOL Applicable Variances. EPM’s scope of work for asbestos abatement oversight includes asbestos abatement project monitoring and air sampling.:
EPM’s most recent term contract has included 19 assignments thus far. Typical assignments included abatement oversight of miscellaneous asbestos containing materials on roadways, bridges, and building demolitions throughout all counties in southern New York.
Some projects completed under this contract include:
- Asbestos abatement oversight of maintenance repairs to various (13) bridges throughout Manhattan, Bronx and Richmond Counties.
- Asbestos abatement oversight of the rehabilitation of the Taconic State Parkway Bridge over the New Croton Reservoir.
- Asbestos abatement oversight of the deck repairs to the Robert Moses Causeway.
- Asbestos abatement oversight to the building demolitions near Routes 17 and 9W in Orange and Rockland counties.
- Asbestos abatement oversight of signage and lighting improvements on the Cross Bronx Expressway.